The Chronic Pain Reduction Program
Chronic pain affects all dimensions of life. The ultimate goal in treating chronic pain is to relieve suffering and increase function. Feelings of anger, sadness, guilt and inadequacy are common symptoms among chronic pain patients. Good psychological care is just as important as providing adequate analgesic medications.
The Chronic Pain Reduction Program is an 8-week group therapy program which teaches chronic pain patients to fully utilize proven, researched-based techniques to lessen the negative physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual effects of chronic pain. The program is held two to four times per year. Most insurances and Medicare policies cover the cost of group therapy.
The goals of The Chronic Pain Reduction Program are to:
- Reduce the negative effects of pain
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Enhance comfort, peace of mind and quality of life
- Improve physical functioning and sleep quality
- Improve family and social relationships
- Empower patients to participate effectively in pain coping strategies
- Promote awareness of the factors that contribute to the physical and emotional distress related to chronic pain
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to increase a sense of emotional control over chronic pain
Sessions meet weekly for 90 minutes in a comfortable, private conference room at my office in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Make the commitment now. Your quality of life depends on it! Space is limited - enroll early.